Monday, 14 June 2010

Wet Felt Journal Cover

Embellish Journal Cover

... the work in progress of a night garden

The inside cover today ...

A selection of VIVIDLY coloured torn silk strips are woven
to create a door panel for the cover of the journal

and a 'mosaic pot' for the growing plant to call home
There are more flowers leaves and fruit yet to cover the vine ...
and this silk weaving
rich with colour, silver and gold,
will become a wonderfully bright panel
 for a handle which will open the book!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

I love your journal cover! The colors are fabulous and the weaving is a great addition! Do you felt it with a rectangular resist then cut the opening? Off to check out the rest of your wonderful blog!

An Aussie Felter said...

Thanks Kelly. Yes, I did use a rectangular resist - I did initially use two. I'd wanted it to be very 3D and for the lattice to sit out on it's own, but I had a brain freeze and laid it out wrong - and now I'm on a journey down quite a different path !

Heather said...

This is a terrific project.
I'm a great admirer of embellishment...too bad I can't make myself do much of it! :(

Judy said...

Some lovely work here!!